June 2023 Wrap-up



 June was hectic and stressful, and I seriously questioned my mental health but I got through this month and did the BA Summer Study Olympic Challenge. I picked up Thai and Vietnamese and tried to study Japanese. That being said, I don't think I actually made any progress and achieve much of any goals for June due to the stress but I tried and that counts for something, 

What went well?

Because of doing SSOC, I got my two homework in for BA, therefore, I am still in the server! Additionally, I started Korean Stories for Language Learners and Real-Life Korean Conversations for Beginners which has been so much fun to learn with! I am learning but at the same time, I am understanding a large majority of the story/dialogue. Also, although this doesn't really help my language skills cultural studies were really fun this month. This was through the events of SSOC but also self-learning! Additionally, I finished my FutureLearn Korean Classes, including the intermediate class! I finally (I think I still remember) learned Hiragana! After months! FINALLYYYYY but I don't know if I remember. We'll see. 

What went poorly?

I neglected Anki almost completely and didn't really prioritize vocab other than writing down what I didn't know from Korean Stories for Language Learners and Real-Life Korean Conversations for Beginners but I haven't tried to actively learn them. Although I finished the FutureLearn Korean Classes, I mostly just screenshotted everything without actually actively taking notes. So, I honestly didn't learn. Additionally, I didn't practice speaking nor did I make it even through 취수수 Korean Prodcast for Beginners episode 1. Because I was stressed I wasn't able to study properly and trying to study multiple languages like normal was near impossible. I only know one Thai consonant. I did some studying for Vietnamese but that's all left my brain by now. I tend to overplanned and not achieve much because of stress and my mood. 

What can I work on? 

Firstly, I really want to work on retaining what I am studying for long-term memory. I want to keep practicing what I learned so that I don't forget it so quickly. Secondly, not planning to do so many resources, quality over quantity. Thirdly, I want to really just take my time and make sure I really know what I am learning this goes into my overall July goal of slower living and being present since my mental health has deteriorated.   

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *